Providing chronic vascular access in veterinary patients
The CompanionPort™, a subcutaneous vascular access port, is designed for veterinary patients, to provide a more comfortable way of gaining repeated access to their venous system for both the delivery of medications (including fluids) and blood draws for a variety of disorders.
Available in 3 sizes, Le Grande, Le Port and Le Petite, it is surgically placed between the scapula during a short surgical procedure. Using a CompanionPort eliminates the need for finding a ‘good’ vein for each treatment and avoids the problems created by an exit site wound. Access to the venous system is by penetration of the port septum with a specially designed non-coring needle – the Huber.
Components of the CompanionPort Kit
The system has 2 components: a titanium access port and a round tip radiopaque silicone catheter with depth markings.
Positioned subcutaneously at the back of the neck and connected to the venous catheter, the port chamber is covered by a rigid silicone ‘window’ or septum and serves as the point of entry for vascular access – allows percutaneously controlled infusion into or withdrawal from the venous system
Available in three sizes to suit all sizes of patients – is low profile, light weight, biocompatible shape & material
Rounded tip, radiopaque silicone catheter with depth markings in a range of French sizes/gauges – provides entry into the venous system
CompanionPort Kit Contents
- 1 x CompanionPort, with blue boot specify port size – small, medium or large
- 1 x Silicone catheter french size to suit port size
- 2 x 22 gauge Huber point needles to access the CompanionPort
- 1 x 22 gauge Huber infusion set to access the CompanionPort
- 1 x Peel-Away Catheter Introducer to suit catheter french size
- Surgical Suggestions
- Accessing & Maintenance Guide
- Information for Pet Owners